Student Counsellor/Psychologist - Junior School
- Permanent part time role commencing Term 2
- Unique opportunity to contribute in a leading independent school
- 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
A leading independent, coeducational school in the heart of Melbourne's fast-growing west, Westbourne's innovative learning culture is underpinned by a strong tradition of academic excellence and student achievement. Working at Westbourne means you will be welcomed into a supportive community where you will be part of a thriving culture of professional growth and advancement.
Westbourne seeks applications from experienced and qualified Psychologists who support the school's vision and values. This is an excellent ongoing part time opportunity (3 days per week), where you will work with young people from Preparatory to Year 6. You will provide a high quality counselling service to students and offer advice and guidance to parents and staff in matters relating to the wellbeing of students. This may involve counselling, testing, liaising with parents and teachers, providing appropriate interventions and referral to outside agencies and professionals as required. You will work closely with the School's leadership team in promoting, implementing and supporting whole school wellbeing programs.
You will be passionate about supporting children's development and preferably have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a Psychologist, ideally in a school environment.
To be successful, you will also:
- Be a registered Psychologist under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA); with eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of and skills in the administration of various Psycho-educational assessment tools; e.g, WISC-V, WIAT-III, BASC, SRS
- Be able to conduct and advise on specialist assessments of cognitive, emotional and behavioural needs
- Be able to work effectively with students and their families from Prep to Year 6 and apply a range of evidence-based interventions and counselling appropriate for different issues and stages of development
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
Working at Westbourne
Just twenty minutes from the city and forty minutes from Geelong, Westbourne is easily accessed by car or public transport.
Highly valued, dedicated and well-resourced, Westbourne's staff are the school's greatest asset. As individuals and collegially, they are fully committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for students in terms of both teaching and administrative roles. Working at Westbourne means you will be provided with continued support and training. At Westbourne, you will work in an environment that has excellent facilities and current technology to support the school's values and mission.
At the Truganina campus, each member of staff is allocated a designated parking space. In addition, all staff are eligible for a pro rata discount on school or ELC fees for their children if they attend Westbourne or Amici (the early learning centre). All staff have access to an employee assistance program, as well as state of the art recreational and fitness facilities.